At IDBI Federal, fulfilling a death claim is more than just a financial obligation. It is an opportunity for us to repay the trust you have put in us.
Here is our simple 3 step claims process.
1. REGISTER A DEATH CLAIM
You need to register a death claim with us by submitting the following documents:
We will register the death claim on the date of receipt of the written intimation and the aforementioned documents at the Head Office.
- Death Claim Form (Download)
- Original Policy Document
- Original / Attested copy of Death Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation
- Attested copy of nominee’s photo ID and Residential proof (List of documents)
- Medical records at the time of death and documents related to any past illnesses of the insured person
- Cancelled cheque of the nominee’s bank account (containing IFSC code)
2. CLAIM PROCESSING
If your documents are complete and we need no further documentation, we settle your death claim within 8 working days. This is our ‘Claims Settlement Guarantee’ service. In case the claim requires further investigation, the same will be completed by us within a reasonable time.
3. CLAIM PAYOUT
Once the claim is settled by us, we shall transfer the claim amount to the bank account of the nominee(s) through Electronic Fund Transfer. In case of an Electronic Fund Transfer failure, we shall send the cheque to the nominee’s mailing address.
In case of any queries, please call us on 1800 209 0502 or email us at email@example.com
- We shall pay an interest of 8% per annum on the death claim amount for each day of delay beyond 8 working days.
- 8 days period shall be considered from the date of receipt of all required documents as requested by us. Working day means working day of the Company’s corporate office at Mumbai.
- Payment of interest is not applicable for death claims within 2 years of issuance of the policy and if the death claim requires investigation in the opinion of the Company.