Most Asked

Who is entitled to receive the Claim benefit?
  • The Nominee or Appointee (in case of minor Nominee) last recorded under the policy in case of policy on own life.
  • The Proposer in case the policy is not on own life.
  • Assignee in case the policy was assigned.
  • Trustee under MWPA (Married Woman Protection Act) policies / Karta in case of HUF (Hindu Undivided Family) policies.
What will happen if the original Policy Document is lost?

The original Policy Document isa mandatory document for processing any claim; however if the same islost or misplaced we may call for some alternate document/s and theclaim is processed further.

What parameters are considered by the Company while asking the Nominee to submit particular records / documents?

     The Company considers the Sum-at-risk, cause of the claim incident, circumstances of the claimand duration of the policy. For example, in an accidental                                    death,specific proofs such as post mortem and police reports are required.For death due to illness, we may call for hospital records, testreports, etc.

What are the claim documents required to process the Death Claim?

Please refer to the link the list of claim documents required to process the Death Claim.

For Death Benefit Claim form,please refer to the link

What is the time frame within which a claim has to be reported to the Company?

A claim must be reported as soonas possible, to enable the Company to ensure a smooth process.

Who should intimate the claim and how?

The Nominee or the familymembers of the Life Assured should inform the branch office of IDBIFederal about the death of the Life Assured. Alternatively, they candirectly intimate the claim by writing to:
The Claims Department, IDBIFederal Life Insurance,
23rd Floor, A Wing,Marathon Futurex
N. M . Joshi Marg, Lower Parel(E),
Mumbai - 400013

What is a Death Claim?

When the Life Assured diesduring the term of the policy i.e. before date of maturity, proceedsunder the policy are payable as a claim to the nominee. This claim iscalled a Death Claim.

Other Questions

How will I know the status of my claim?

You can know the status of yourclaim by writing to us at or by calling ourToll Free No. 1800 209 0502 (Monday to Saturday, 8 am to 8 pm).

What happens if there is no nomination on death of the Life Assured? Or what happens if both the Life Assured and the Nominee expires in the same event?

In such circumstances, it istermed as "Open Title" situation. The Company would requirethe proof of title / Succession Certificate issued by the competentcourt. The Succession Certificate should specifically provide ordersfor disbursement of policy monies. If, however, the deceased has lefta Will, a probate of the Will is required along with the copy of the Will.

If the Nominee dies during the tenure of the policy, what action should be taken by the Life Assured?

The Life Assured should nominatesome other person in place of the deceased Nominee under Section 39of the Insurance Act, 1938 as amended from time to time.

From our Blog



Making the claim process faster is our top priority


Through life’s twists and turns, your wealth keeps growing

Need help
1 + 18 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.